Malaysians are truly caring and kind-hearted people. Despite the personal constraints of the Movement Control Orders and the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, thousands responded to Guardian Malaysia’s campaign to help the needy stay safe by donating hand sanitisers to charity homes.
A total of 9,500 bottles which included 4,477 bottles of hand sanitisers donated by its’ customers in a Guardian campaign were distributed to 22 identified charity homes and organisations. Guardian had earlier organised a campaign where Guardian customers who spend RM40 and above received a complimentary bottle of hand sanitiser, which, they can donate to the charity home or organisation in the various states, selected by Guardian. Moreover, some customers even purchased more hand sanitisers to donate to the homes.
Anna Ng, Brand Marketing Director, Health And Beauty, South East Asia said: “The generosity of our customers towards their fellow Malaysians came through clearly in this campaign. It was only for one week but the response was really enthusiastic. Such kind-hearted support for those in need is really heart-warming, especially during these challenging times where a third wave of the pandemic has increased the need for greater safety.”
“It goes without saying that we need to be EXTRA diligent and disciplined to observe all SOPs including making sure our personal hygiene is good. To do this, it is absolutely essential to keep our hands clean at all times, ” Anna added.
Apart from our loyal customers, none are more vulnerable than the less-privileged, such as the elderly and children in welfare homes. This campaign is one way of helping to make sure both our customers and the less-privileged have effective hand sanitisers to clean their hands and maintain hygiene.”
The charity homes and organisations, from all over Malaysia, that have benefitted from this campaign are;
- Bukit Harapan, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
- Calvary Victory Centre – Skudai, Johor
- Green Pasture Senior Life, KL
- Hope Place, Kuching, Sarawak
- House of Joy, KL
- Lighthouse Children Welfare Home Association, KL
- My Father’s Home, KL
- Persatuan Kebajikan Vinashini, Seremban, Negeri Sembilan.
- Pertubuhan Kebajikan Anak Yatim Perlis, Arau, Perlis.
- Pusat Jagaan Anak Anak Yatim dan Miskin Nurul Iman, Ipoh, Perak.
- Pusat Jagaan Kanak-kanak WP, Kepong KL.
- Pusat Jagaan Orang Tua dan OKU D’Zenith Homes – Sungai Petani Kedah.
- Pusat Jagaan Rumah Kebajikan Anak-anak Yatim Al-Hijrah, Kemaman, Terengganu.
- Rumah Anak Yatim Ar-Raudhoh, Tawau, Sabah
- Rumah Anak Yatim Miskin (PAYASUM), Sungai Udang, Melaka.
- Rumah Kebajikan Anak Yatim dan Dhuafa (Lilbanat) Siti Aminah, Tumpat, Kelantan.
- Rumah Puteri Anak Yatim & Fakir Miskin Baitul Husna, Kuantan Pahang.
- Rumah Warga Tua, Tawau, Sabah
- SHELTER Home for Children, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- Silver Jubilee Home For The Aged, Pulau Pinang.
- The Salvation Army Children’s Home, Kuching, Sarawak.
- Trinity Community Children Home Society, KL
Thanks to Guardian Malaysia and all Malaysians who have participated in this campaign! You are the best!