Introducing new fun activities to my son is becoming such a joy. My son loves anything that’s creative and being a young toddler they sometime lack the attention to focus on a book or toy for long. So I decided to try out jigsaw puzzles instead as I’ve heard wonders about the goodness of it. Searching online, I came upon http://www.jspuzzles.com/ which offers more than 100 puzzles for my son to play with.
You’re probably wondering why jigsaw puzzles. Let me share here the top 5 benefits of playing jigsaw puzzles:
1) Improve Our Brains
- Solving puzzles helps raise our IQ (intelligence quotient) by using it to solve, think and reason it out.
2) Improve in Concentration
- Puzzles help to increase our attention span. The difficulty of each level, requires us to focus more on it.
3) Improve Cognitive Ability
- Using puzzles as a visualisation tool gains more of the kids interest. They can learn and recognise colours, numbers, animals and so much more.
4) Improve Social Skills
- As we work together to solve a puzzle, it promotes cooperative play. Encouraging us to work together with our kids to complete the puzzle.
5) Improve Self Esteem
- Solving puzzles gives our kids a sense of achievement and pride, thus boosting their self-confidence and self-esteem.
My son is below 6 years old, thus I only allowed him to play no more than 15 minutes a day. After a week of playing jigsaw puzzles, I realised he has grown more active in seeking answers. Apart from that, he’s concentration level has increased and he’s learning more words than before.
Start your bonding and learning session with your young one at http://www.jspuzzles.com/ and have fun exploring new jigsaw puzzles daily.